Lets Talk Blog Challenge Week 5 | Magazines vs Blogging

Hello all, its our penultimate blog post in the Lets Talk blog challenge series created by the amazing Sarah! This weeks topic is quite interesting however I found it a little hard to come up with some good content about my opinion. Then it hit me, I haven't bought a magazine in 2 years! Cosmo used to be my holy grail but now I can find an answer to my problems with a quick search online, heck cosmo even have a website and its free! I bought the issue of Stellar below and I honestly haven't even opened it!


So what's the point in magazine's. I think if you find the right one for you then more power to you but I just think blogs are more personal and there's a lot less rules in the bloggersphere - for the love of god what beauty magazine would accept a story about my dog, fabulous and all as she is! Magazines can be quite stiff whereas reading a blog can be so motivational when you know the writer has so much passion and isn't just trying to put something together for their boss.

Here's some nostalgia for you: Kiss Magazine, Stellar's younger, cringier sister yet we loved her dearly. I would buy every issue no matter what and you know what I did with each copy? I cut it up. My wardrobe was covered in dresses, shoes, models, bags, and arrays of beauty items I could only dream of owning. My wardrobe was my very first blog platform. Those unevenly cut pictures holding on for dear life with blu-tack defined my teenage years. They were all replaced with pictures of Johnny Depp but sometimes I miss those collages.

Did I even answer this? I don't think I did. Well in that case here's my answer; Neither. I love reading personal, lifestyle, beauty and fashion posts but at the end of the day if I'm looking for entertainment I go straight to tumblr or Reddit. I'll let myself out.... :P Magazines are great for that tangible feeling of actually holding something and they can be really nice when you just want to take a break from technology but I just rely too much on having a comment section below an online article I find myself yearning for some interaction and opinions from other readers.

Thanks so much for reading,
Claire <3





10 comments:

  1. I love that about blogs too, you could be reading a review one day and then the next about some-ones round the world travels! Always so fresh xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great, I love reading all types of blogs and getting inspiration! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I used to love making collages from magazines! In fact I still have one that I made a few years ago up on the side of my wardrobe.
    And I'm definitely the same with the comments section... I love to see the comments so I can see other peoples opinions!

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hobby I completely forgot I used to do! I know they can be great for allowing readers to share related articles and give feedback! Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  3. I love that you said blogs can be more motivational. this is very true; An article in a magazine is just that, an article, but a blog post has more to it; it's personal, it's filled with passion and it just means more.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading inspirational posts that make me want to create new experiences and memories! Exactly! We want to blog so there is a lot more passion! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, I used to do those collages on my school folders!! I had completely forgotten about that. Totally agree that blogs are much more person... Great post!
    Rach Xx
    http://make-upyermind.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were so funny I thought I was a freaking magazine editor like :P Yeah I love doing personal posts as much as beauty ones :) Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I loved doing collages, totally forgot about that till I saw your piece of art here :) I'm like you, love the actual feel of a magazine, something about having a physical copy of something that is nice but then blogs are s much more personal and you can write about literally anything and not get fired ;) This is definitely a tough topic to answer directly, I love both for different reasons.
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently we all did :P It must be because we're so cool! Its nice to have something you can bend or bookmark to save for later, and the free goodies are nice too :P I know I would be hopeless working for a magazine :P It was and yes I love both! Thanks so much for reading! :) xx

      Delete